I LOVE some wine! Like, LOVE IT! I’m going to blame my dad for this one. I would have a glass every night, if I could. What is more fun than relaxing with a nice red, some good music, (I’ve been on an Alabama Shakes kick lately) while you become one with the couch? Since I like to drink it often, that means I want something affordable!! Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE a nice bottle, but my bank account just can’t seem to keep up! lol! So behold, a solution! Ten $10 bottles of wine that are yyuumm!! I put my own personal thoughts and then tasting notes from their websites. I do love wine, but I wouldn’t call myself an expert, just an admirer, and I could taste them as I was typing this! haha! This list will be easy to drink, nothing too sweet, something you can find in the grocery store, or CVS, and still super yum, I promise!
P.S. PLEASE forgive me for these pictures! I am a grease ball who needs a shower in all of these. Also, yes I am wearing my sunglasses inside because I was def not putting on mascara that day!
10. Mènage à Trois, Red Blend: AHH good ole Menage! This wine is a go to for me, if I want something light, drinkable and easily accessible. It’s EVERYWHERE! This stuff goes down like water for me! lol! This is a blend, which I love. It’s mostly Zinfandel which is something I happen to enjoy!
NOTES: Fresh ripe jam, fruity, silky, and soft.
9. 14 Hands, Hot to Trot, Red Blend: This is another go to if I want something that goes down easy, but just a little sharper than Menage! Drinkable, affordable and a little bit of spice. What more could you want in a wine!?
NOTES: Cherry, ripe berries, plum, tea, and baking spice
8. Apothic Red, Red Blend: This is another FAVORITE of mine. It’s a little thicker and a little bolder than the previous two but so, so, so yum!
NOTES: Black Cherry, vanilla, mocha
7. Save Me San Francisco, Drops of Jupiter: No, I’m not just spouting off random Train lyrics. This is a wine and a yum one! ALMOST as good as the song itself! haha! It’s a Petite Sirah. A little on the sweet side, just barley, but I looovvee this one!
NOTES: Fruit-forward, boysenberry
6. Butternut, Pinot Noir: Easy to drink, jammy, cute name, super yum. And it has a CUTE label! lol! Not that it matters, but it does if you love aesthetics like me! hehe
NOTES: Vanilla, red, and dark berries
5. Louis Jadot, Beaujolias-Villages: This is a CLASSIC wine! This type of wine actually has a TON of heritage and history. But I won’t bore you with the details, because they are boring me thinking about them. Blah, blah, blah. Grapes. Soil. France. No one cares! I PROMISE it is YUMMYYY though!
NOTES: Violet, and red fruit syrup, fresh and silky
4. Pennywise, Pinot Noir: This was the name of a band I was obsessed with in like 7th grade, and a yummy Pinot! There is sooo much flavor up in this bottle! Lately, I’ve been drifting from Pinot to Cabs, but this one keeps me coming back!
NOTES: Crushed rose petal, fresh baked blueberry pie, wild cherry and hints of toasted cedar, tart cherry, cranberry, wild huckleberry and toasty marshmallow, vanilla, toasted coconut, cinnamon and clove.
FUNNY STORY ABOUT THIS NEXT ONE! While writing this blog post, I asked Matt: “What’s the name of that cab we always get?” His reply: “UBER” lolllllll!!! Anyways, on to the yummy cab, and I DON’T mean Uber!!!!!
3. Gnarly Head, Cabernet Sauvignon: I LOVE THIS WINE AND IT’S SO CHEAP! I feel like it’s easier to find a good cheap Pinot because they are lighter in flavor, but this Cab is still soooo good. Big, bold and beautiful. All for a super low price point! That’s what you call a WIN-WIN
NOTES: Black fruit, clove, spice and earth.
2. Trivento, Malbec Reserve: I was lucky enough to stumble upon this gem at The Wine Bar in Pensacola. I was with my friend Camilla who was visiting from Denmark, and we both FELL IN LOVE with this wine! She even bought one for her going away dinner. It’s FULL of flavor! Think heavy and bold!
NOTES: Ripe red fruits, strawberries and cherries, with hints of coffee and chocolate from the oak.
1. Cupcake, Red Velvet Blend: This is my go to cheap bottle. It’s silky, smooth and such a good time. This one hits all my taste buds! I love how it’s easy to drink but you still get all the complex flavors. I don’t know if this make any sense, but the taste just flows nicely for me, lol. I want a bottle right MEOW!
NOTES: Chocolate, deep dark blackberries, luscious red fruits, a hint of coconut and creamy mocha.
I really hope you enjoy these yummy cheap reds! Let me know if you know of a good cheap bottle I didn’t mention, or your thoughts on any of the bottles I did mention! I love to talk wine and act fancy sometimes! lollllll! I say that as I sit here with no pants on and hair so greasy you could fry an egg on it! Shut-up Torri you need to go to sleep.
I love you! CHEERS! Or in this case, CLINK! HAHAH