(*Sorry it’s been a while! I got a BRAND NEW computer. My old one just wasn’t cutting it, so it took me a while to switch everything over! Thanks for your patience!)
Vegas BABY! I recently went to Las Vegas with my BFFs! And let me tell you, of course we ate at the CUTEST places and saw the BEST shows and did all the things we could possibly fit in! (I told you I’m a fun crammer!) Las Vegas, SIN CITY, or as I like to call it CHANDELIER CITY, is basically a play ground for adults. But for real about the chandelier.. I feel like they have a law that there must be a chandelier per every 50 feet! Lol! To me, almost everything looks similar or has the same Vegas vibe. Think flashy, shiny, big! Sensory overload! The air in Vegas buzzes with electricity and excitement at ALL HOURS! It’s funny, because I know they call NYC the city that never sleeps, but I beg to differ! That title most definitely belongs to Las Vegas! We tried to do a little bit of everything! This is my second time in Vegas, so I have my bearings enough to show you a great time! You CAN’T miss some of these gems! Ah! I’m getting a food coma, and a hangover just thinking about it!
- Whist: If you want to ease into Vegas, or if you just need a break from the strip and want to do some shopping, Whist is the place for you! This place was a DREAM! I’ve also discovered I’m super into loungey places. (Also, not sure if loungey is a word.) We sat outside and the aesthetic portion of my soul was in heaven! Whimsical, charming and just everything you want in a brunch spot! We stayed for HOURS catching up, drinking all the bubbles and pretty drinks! This is the PERFECT brunch spot! It’s located in Henderson, about a 5 minute drive from the strip. Whist is surrounded by great shopping too! The food was FABULOUS! I’m not normally into sweet potato fries, but trust me, ORDER THEM!!!
2. GAMBLE: Okay, so you’re in Las Vegas. You HAVE to gamble. You just have to do it, right?! DO NOT waste time and money on penny slots, they are confusing and you will be throwing ‘Dolla Bills Yo’ in the trash can! If you are a beginner like me, Roulette is the way to go! Also go to “Old Vegas” to gamble! (It’s the only place I will gamble.) The table “buy-in” is way cheap, like 5 dollars, as opposed to $50-$100!! I normally limit myself to $50 max, but start with $20! I LOVE roulette because it’s super easy!!!! Pick a number, pick a color and BAM, there you have it! Also, free drinks while you’re gambling which is super cool! Good luck tracking down a waitress though! Haha! (The pics below are from my phone sorrryyyy)
3. The STRIP: Obviously, you have to go down the strip and sight see. This is where you can just feel the excitement in your bones! Seriously, the air buzzes! You should spend a whole day walking in and out of all the hotel/casinos. All of them are different, but with the same Vegas vibe. Everything is so… extra, lol! That’s a good way to describe it. Grab a frozen drink and walk around!
PRO-TIP: Open containers are allowed everywhere! You know what that means! Go to the liquor store, pick your poison and have it with you. Put it in your purse or flask up! Everything on the strip is super, super expensive!!!
4. The Chandelier Bar: Have you ever wondered what it would be like to hang out IN a chandelier? This place is an experience! The Chandelier Bar is one of my favorite bars I’ve ever been to! It’s so freaking beautiful, and it’s like 3 stories! (I think, don’t quote me on that!) Get a yummy drink, relax and enjoy the aesthetic! They even have a mouth-numbing drink! (I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s on my list for next time!!!) This place is just superrrr dreamy!!! (It’s located in The Cosmopolitan. You can’t miss it!)
5. Paris: Anther must-stop spot is Paris! Run in, grab a drink, lounge out! Comfy chairs and yummy drinks! The ceiling is painted like the sky, it’s weirdly calming. Such a cool spot though! We sat here for a few hours, had some yummy drinks and talked our heads off. It’s super relaxing. One of those places that makes you forget where you are for a little while. This has probably become one of my most favorite things to do in Vegas.
(Cellphone pic, sorry! ^)5. Mon Ami Gabi: This is a restaurant that looks like something straight out of a fairy tale! The inside-outside court yards are super dreamy! It’s moderately priced for being on the strip. Everything is so YUM! And it’s French inspired food. We had so much yum cheese, and their fresh bread, OMG! I can still smell it as I’m writing this! Aaahhh, sssooo ggooooddd! Also, I am NOT a Sangria person. (Thanks to 19 year old Torri and those stupid, huge $8 Carlo Rossi Sangria jugs.. Wine pong, don’t ask.) But I gave their’s a try anyway. It was a good move, for sure!
6. Go see a Cirque Du Soleil O Show! Samantha and I managed to get a steal off of Craigslist actually, lol! I don’t know if I would recommend doing it, but it worked out awesome for us! We saw O and it was freaking GOOD!!! We were OOOO-ING and AAAAHHH-ING the whole time! Lol! But it’s amazing what the super humans in this show can do. And even what humans are capable of doing, in pulling a show like this off. My mind was completely BLOWN AWAY! I’ve heard every Cirque Show is amazing. This was my first one and it was probably one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen!
(^^^Cell phone pic of our best ‘O’ faces! Lollll)
7. Old Vegas: Old Vegas, hands down, is totally my vibe. You should definitely spend a day down there day-drinking. And then gamble at The Cortez at night! (I knowww, same name as AHS Hotel! Love that season!) There are so many awesome restaurants/bars. Container Park is down there as well. It’s a cute area made out of shipping containers, with shops and restaurants all throughout. All the bars in Old Vegas are super cute, tons of art everywhere you look! One restaurant worth mentioning: Park on Fremont. We had a Mac and Cheese Philly Cheese Steak! I am not even joking! And YES, it was sooooo freaking goooddd!
8. Bottiglia: OH MY GORGEOUS! THIS PLLAACCEEE! This place had my favorite meal of the trip! We got the full experience! Also, I think it takes winner in ‘The Cutest Place in Las Vegas’. Bottiglia is about a 10 min drive from the strip and sssoooo worth it! IT’S SO BEAUTIFUL AND LOUNGEY! Want to talk about dreamy aesthetics? Ugh, I though I died and went to heaven, lol! And allllll the pastaaaa!! Yuummm! Super cute Italian fine dining, it was amazing!! I am so mad at myself that I did not bring my camera! So these cell phone pics will have to do. Just know this place was it!!! Also, we didn’t come for brunch but we did see they have $10 bottomless ROSE! Next time I’m in Vegas I will be here with some Rose! That is a fact! You should too!! UGH, I just wish I had more pictures to show you, but these are all I got!!!
9. Bachi: So this is only in Vegas and it is a true GEM! I’m not usually a huge burger person. I mean every now and again, but this place.. I am DROOLING again! Like, legitimately swallowing my saliva so I don’t get it on my keyboard! They do Asian-Style burgers? I know seems like a weird concept, but just please trust me on this one! This is a game changer! Bachi Burger was on one of those shows that features unique, yummy foods. They have toppings like apple vinegar, pineapple ketchup, and miso butter! I’m so upset right now because all I want is one of these burgers, but I’m in Florida and there is nothing I can do about it!!! (First world problems.) PLEASE try this party in your mouth. They have 3 locations, all in Las Vegas, but none on the strip. MAKE IT HAPPEN! GO!
(Bachi Brussel Sprouts, yumm!)
10. SOHO SUSHI BURRITO: This is a real thing! It’s exactly what it sounds like, too! Think one GIANT sushi roll FILLED with whatever your heart desires!!! They have some prepared options too, because it can be a bit overwhelming with sssooo many choices!! I will tell you mine was sssoooo gooodddd! Haha! They put it in front of me, I took some pics, then I BLACKED OUT AND IT WAS GONE!!! lol! The good thing about being in Vegas, is that there are sushi burrito places everywhere, haha! Think Subway, but with all your favorite sushi ingredients!
In hind sight, this was kinda almost all about food! LOL! I’m a little embarrassed, I’m not going to lie. But hey, isn’t that what a vaycay is for though? Right, lollll. Anyways! When you’re in Las Vegas next time, I hope this helps you out! It was such a blast getting to see my best friends and exploring together. Since I had so much to say about food in this post, lol, let me know what food place you’d like to try the most in the comments below! Hope you’re having an awesome day! I love you bye!