This was the start of a beautiful adventure!
So you know I LOVE to go on trips, anywhere, anytime, any place! I’ve been on itinerary based, well thought out, strictly scheduled, super planed trips; I’ve also done spur of the moment, we are leaving in 10 minutes, grab your tooth brush, and lets go, type trips. This one was super on the spontaneous side, which for some can be stressful! Not me though, I’m about to show you how to do a spontaneous trip right!
- SAY YES!!! The first step into making something like this happen is to ignore those stupid voices in your head, giving you every excuse in the world; and say that tiny but powerful three letter word, YES! Listen, there is ALWAYS a reason, def plenty of excuses, and all the circumstances in the world not to do something, but you have one life to live, one chance to smell the roses, and experience all the wonder on this beautiful world! Say YES, and figure it out, you can do it, and I PROMISE you wont regret it! Everything always falls into place and you just make it work! Next thing you know, you may find yourself in Key West, on a two story catamaran, drinking bottomless champagne, dancing to a live band, during the sunset with one of your favorite girlfriends! All you have to do is say YES!
- Make a list not a plan! When you finally take the plunge, start looking at Instagram hashtags, yelp, and a little bit of Google search.
- Make a list of about 5 things you would really like to do! Don’t plan the specific day, or time, until you arrive at your destination. Setting days and times puts everyone on a schedule, and just adds stress to your trip, which is like the last thing you want to do!
- The list is flexible and doable; also if you don’t get to do everything, guess what? That’s okay! Here’s on example of the list we made beforehand: Cuban Coffee, Ernest Hemingway’s house, Sunset Catamaran Cruise, Southern Most point, Mallory Square, lobster dinner, and Key Lime Pie! ALL ON THE LIST! & PICTURED BELOW!
- BE SPONTANEOUS! Even though you may have a list, don’t be afraid to go rogue! That’s when the magic happens! If you see something you want to do, GO do it! Do not feel like you HAVE to go and do anything at a certain time. If you feel like that, you are doing it wrong!
- Chelsea and I went for a bathroom break, at what we thought was a smoothie place, called Tropical. As we walked in we quickly learned we were mistaken. We ended up leaving that place with a tiny, pink, electric, barbie car, on a whim. We blasted Barbie Girl, The Spice Girls, and a little Brittney aaaallll over Duval Street, as teenage skateboarders hitched on the to back screaming at us to “GO FASTER” they did tricks off the back; and people were even singing and dancing with us, it was the most hilarious, spontaneous time ever! If we would have stuck with a schedule, none of that would have ever happened! The thought of renting one of those tiny clown cars had never even crossed our minds, until we randomly stumbled into it! Moral of the story: BE SPONTANEOUS! Barbie car pictured below! (Also pictured, some other unplanned fun, brewery, and playing with chickens. lol)
- GO WITH THE FLOW! This may sound similar to being spontaneous, but I don’t mean it in that sense, AT ALL! I just mean that things are going to happen that you didn’t plan for! Plans actually get ruined, you forget your camera charger at home, the restaurant you want to go isn’t taking anymore reservations, you put in the wrong address in the GPS, your flight gets cancelled, etc. etc! You just have to roll with it, DO NOT let it ruin your mood, or your time. You have to remember you are on vacation, and if you can’t do anything about it, on to the next fun thing!
- All of those things mentioned above happened to us actually, and we remedied ALL of them! That’s because we stayed calm, never freaked out, or got upset, we just went with it! Camera charger, fixed thanks to Amazon Prime! Fancy restaurant that you have to take a boat to wasn’t taking anymore reservations, but guess what!? Open Table was! LOL (Open Table is an app btw). Put in the WRONG address to said restaurant and almost MISSED the reservation!!! We never ran so fast in our lives lol, made the boat ride over by the skin of our teeth, and we were laughing the whole way! My connecting flight got cancelled on the way home, had a drink in the airport and got on the next one! Were these things frustrating, annoying, and super inconvenient?! YES! BUT: we did not let it ruin our time.! That’s the attitude you have to have on last minute trips like this. Everything always works itself out; in the end there is always a story to tell. This was one for the books, and I hope it inspires you to say YES to your next opportunity to travel. Traveling is food for the soul, and it is time to ask yourself: Are you hungry?
Okay I love you bbyyyyeee!!!