This post is sponsored by AVA Grace Vineyards!
So, I’ve always heard that I am super positive and happy. Don’t get me wrong, I definitely have my moments of darkness, but I typically share those as well as the sunny parts because life is a balance, and it’s hard to juggle it all most days. As someone who lives on the sunnier side of life MOST of the time, I felt like I needed to share a necessary component of life that often gets overlooked: the importance of spontaneity in order to live a happy life! It’s something a lot of people forget about, probably because people typically go about their daily routines doing all the life things – like work, and the dishes, and the laundry (and also Netflix!) But a lot of times people find themselves struggling to be content and don’t understand why.
Spontaneity gives me new perspective, refreshes my mind, and allows me to give others more grace It adds spunk and flavor, it can shake things up and make you feel alive again. After I do something new or spontaneous it clears my mind and leaves me feeling fresh! Adding spontaneity always gets me out of a slump, and makes me feel happy- I crave it. I think it’s something that you should seek out in your life often! Here are some actionable things you can do to add spontaneity to your life.
(This means getting out of your comfort zone! It doesn’t have to be anything crazy, you can do something simple!)
- Try the new restaurant you’ve been dying to try– Actually, call them right now! Make a reservation if you have to! It will give you something to look forward to! Matt and I ALWAYS try the new happening restaurant in our town; side note: we also always rate it as the meal is going on! Ambiance, service, food, and overall! It’s so fun and it just adds a little fun to our day and date! There is just something about trying something new that’s exciting! You get to see a place you’ve never seen and experience it all for the first time. It’s refreshing!Bonus points if you find somewhere that’s BYOB with outdoor seating. Bring your favorite AVA Grace wines for an extra special evening out.
- Take a spur of the moment road trip- This is probably my favorite ! (I have a travel bug!) Nothing gets the juices flowing like a spur of the moment road trip. Matt and I do this all the time! We will decide the night before and make a day trip to Panama City Beach or 30A and it’s always exactly what our soul needs.Think of somewhere you can go to get out of your town that’s just a short car ride away. I recommend a 1-3 hour drive at the most, and just go! I recommend grabbing a bottle of AVA Grace Rosé or Chardonnay on the way out.It’s perfect for the spur of the moment, moment. Look up places you want to try on the way,and navigate to a picnic spot along your route with a pretty overlook for sipping your wine when you reach your destination. Just go and let the wind blow you where you may! (Matts and I road trips usually involve the sunset and wine at some point)
- Trying a new wine– Sometimes you don’t have the time off work to go on a trip, or the money to treat yourself to dinner. In these cases I recommend grabbing a new fun bottle of wine and I highly recommend AVA Grace! AVA Grace can be found in your local store and it has the cutest labels – perfect for spicing up an ordinary night. I love the Chardonnay has notes of white peach, apple, lemon and hints of oak and was inspired by the loveliness of the California Vineyards. Grabbing a bottle of wine can give you a little something to look forward to, and gives you an excuse to let your hair down and channel your inner fun!
- Do a staycation- Staycations are such a good way to take a moment and breathe in a new space. There is no pressure of traveling and allowing time for that, just all the time for FUN! This is something Matt and I do often – we have our go-to spots (Paradise Inn/Margaritaville), and in my opinion, this is the best way to add spontaneity. When I’m traveling I like to cram everything in, so the staycation is just a time to relax and breathe. I like to think about everything and nothing, watch the waves roll in, watch the sunset, and drink Rosé! AVA Grace Rosé is the perfect wine for a staycation- with notes of apricots, honeysuckle and hints of wild roses, it’s really perfect for anything!
- Look up an event in your town and go- I do this all the time, I am ALWAYS on the lookout for events going on around town, I usually find them on coffee shop bulletin boards or Google. I’m always looking for a new experience that is going to broaden my horizons, open my mind and refresh my soul! I’ve been to local art galleries, live music, Weiner dog races, wine tastings, indie movie premieres, . and I’m never disappointed. At the very least it gets me out of my comfort zone and is the perfect refresher.
- Make plans with a friend you haven’t seen in awhile- Call your friend right now! You know, the one who’s energy you’ve been missing. See if she can meet you for a quick cup of coffee, a beer, or even hop on a quick phone call. Sometimes you are stuck in your daily routine, and putting forth energy to call someone just doesn’t sound fun. I promise if you are feeling BLAH, making the effort to call or hang with someone you don’t usually see (but whom you love) can do WONDERS for your soul and add the spontaneity you NEED in your life!
- Cook a meal you’ve never made before- This pretty much falls under the category of doing things you haven’t done before. Even something this simple as making a meal will be something you remember and learn from, which always breaks up the monotony in life. Don’t forget to grab some AVA Grace wine to enjoy with your meal!
I hope this post leaves you feeling inspired to get out of the ordinary and do something different!