Thank you Vist Pensacola and Vacation Artfully for sponsoring this post!
Pensacola became home for me when my dad and stepmom dropped me off to college, hello UWF, go Argos!!!! At this current point in my life, that was many moons ago; I haven’t left yet, partially because I love it!! The sense of community here cannot only be seen, but felt! Pensacola is special!!! We have CHARM, beauty, and tons of fun things to do!! What I love about this place is the powers at be are always actively looking to bring a new, cool, fun, thing here, and they aren’t scared to give it a try!
There so much history in Pensacola! If you just look around downtown you will find beautiful persevered old houses, a lot that offer guided tours funded by donation only! My boyfriend and I have accidentally stumbled upon a few actually, and it has always been something we have both enjoyed! Speaking of downtown! Pensacola downtown is an actual SPOT! We have an amazing bar/food scene! I love walking into some of the restaurants downtown and feeling like I’m actually in a big city! Palafox is such a BEAUTIFUL street filled with the cutest shops, the yummiest food, theaters, music Venus, food trucks, the coolest bars and breweries we have it all!! Since I LOVE food I’m going to start by taking you through a few of my FAVORITE SPOTS!! Here are a few must do restaurants! (I’m going to keep this short because I could honestly make this a blog post on its own, there are SSSOOO many!)
- Wine Bar- FOR THE WIN! Always a good go to, you will get great service, cozy intimate atmosphere, great food and good wine!!!
- Urban Swinery- This is a new restaurant (A global concept) I’ve only eaten here once but I was not disappointed at alllll its beautiful with an upscale coastal vibe, also the food was AMAZING! (The $5 lunch wine is the move, your welcome)
- Taco Agave- Craft tacos! Pork belly, ahi, jackfruit, a taco for every mood! hahaha, Also the craft margaritas are WOOOWWW so good lol my mouth is wateringgg!!!
- Union Public House- Talk about a big city feel! Walking in there and having the experience of that menu you would never know you were in a small town! THE OPENED FACE SMOKED BRISKET PATTY MELT ON HOMEMADE CORN BREAD!!! The watermelon salad, THE CRAFT COCKTAILSSSS!!! OMG I’m droolinggg!!!
- Carmens!!!!! Carmens is to die for, like most of the restaurants I’ve listed farm to table, but Carmens menu is thoughtful put together with fresh ingredients and love. The dressings and soups are made from scratch! (I CRAVE Carmens on the regular!!!)
OKAY OKAY I’m going to stop myself because I really could go on and on and on. The list of amazing restaurants downtown is really unbelievable, this is just scratching the surface of our artisanal cuisine!!!! As far as bars go, to say we have some standout spots in Pensacola, is an understatement, just listen!
- The Elbow Room- This is a little off the beaten path, about 10 mins from Palafox, when you walk into this magical place, you feel transported to another time entirely. The whole establishment is lit by red lighting, there is also a real deal juke box that makes all the best noises. To top this gem off there is EVERY BOARD GAME YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE, along with the quirkiest memorabilia! Its very stranger things vibes, you really HAVE to check this place out, it is one of a kind! (They also have great food!!!)
- The Bridge Bar- aka the best sunset spot in town. This place is a Pensacola GEM! Picture this: You are listening to acoustic guitar, all you can smell is the beach, the cool breeze of the wind is coming off the ocean, gently hitting your skin in just the right way. You have a cold drink in your hand, and you are watching the breath taking sunset, as the sun dips into the water. THAT is the bridge bar, and its magicallllll!!!!
- Seville- I have said many of times, there really is nowhere like Seville in the world. So many beautiful rooms!! This place is one of a kind, AND ITS HUGE; it has a New Orleans vibe with cobble stone floors, mesmerizing old wood pieces from the bars to the stair cases. Its really something you have to see in person. There are about 9 different bars in seville! The Piano bar is my FAVORITE!! I do also love grabbing a cappuccino during the day time! if you wanted to break it down on the dance floor there is a huge room for that too, and ITS SO PRETTY! They also have a indoor outdoor court yard with super yummy craft beers and a beautiful fountain! They also have a karaoke bar, a pool bar, and a wine shop (WITH THE BEST PRICES!) You could spend all night in this beautifullll place!! Sometimes it feels crazy to be running amuck in such a beautiful historic building, but we are so lucky we get too!
- O’Rileys Downtown- This place feels like home. Its a true Irish pub, you can chill on the couches and watch whatever sport is in season on all the many TV’s. The bar is a beautiful place, brick and a wrap around bar, it just a great spot to be with friends.
- Old Hickory :The Whiskey Bar- I LOOOVVVE this place. I give be total Harry Potter Vibes! The decor is very well thought out, and the drink menu is very change and DELICIOUS! They hand make there syrups! This place seems to be doing something cool, like turning into a Christmas bar for half of December. It had a speak easy vibe, with an upscale feel.
- Perfect Plain: Perfect Plain is literally everything you could want in a brewery
Again I could really go on foreverrrr about the bar scene in Pensacola, especially down Palafox! I haven’t even gotten to the events/things to do in Pensacola! Im just going to dive in and list them!
- Wine and Food festival: this is one of my favorite events everrrr picture this, champagne and oysters in a beautiful cobble stone court yard, there is a fountain and greenery, every indoor counter space is filled with wine and food in one of the most beautiful rustic buildings you have ever seen. You can literally try over 100 wines, and then you get to buy them at cost in a room before you leave!
- FooFooFest: FooFoo Fest is one of the things that makes Pensacola so so SPECIAL! We appreciate Art here of all kinds, and FooFooFest Celebrates Art of every kind, Culinary, Traditional, and Performing. The festival is 14 days long, there are events all over town. I got the opportunity with visit Pensacola and Vacation Artfully to attend some beautiful amazing events, it was SUCH A BLAST!!!! Let me just tell you about a few of my FAVORITE things I did!!
- The Gulf Coast Arts Festival: This is one of my favorite things in Pensacola! Matt and I have attended for YEARS!! There are booths and booths set up all over from artist of all kinds from just about everywhere you can imagine! They have everything from sculptors, painters, knife makers, woodworks, jewelry makers, artist who work with wool, leather and some of the coolest things you have ever seen! We usually take a full day with beer in hand and weave in and out of all the booths talking about our favorite pieces, I’m smiling just thinking about it! I can’t wait till next year!
- Women of Fire: This event is held at First City Art Center, ( I could do a post on FCAC alone, they are AWESOME!) The Women of Fire event was so empowering, Matt and I attended the ticketed reception. We got to eat with the artist while being serenade by acoustic guitar, and a beautiful voice! After we got to see the badassory of Women working with fire, drink beer and walk through the gallery.
- Rumors-Fleetwood Mac Cover band: Some of my Pensacola Blogger friends and I got to attend this performance, it was so cool because not only are the band/songs extraordinary, but they played videos and commentary all throughout the performance, making you feel like you knew them and knew all the feelings behind the songs.
- The Happy Art Tour: This is going to make you smile and play like a little kid!! Its a guided art tour that involves all of your senses. Every room is SOO FREAKING cool and very thought out to make you super HAPPY I could not wipe the smile off my face!!! (this is still going on I HIGHLY recommend going!!!)
- CUBED: This event was so creative, and super fun! There were GIANT white cubes with artistic videos playing. It reminded me of a kid friendly music festival because there was also a large stage!! We walked through watching the cubes listening to music, it was such a fun way to spend an evening!!
- See The Music Hear The Dance: This was one of my FAVORITE FooFooFest events!! It was at the GORGEOUS Pensacola Little Theater. Berkley Music Professor composed a beautiful orchestra piece highlighting the harp, Performed by Pensacola Symphony while The Pensacola Ballet Danced effortlessly throughout the piece. My favorite Part was that the Composer, the Dance choreographer, and the conductor all got on stage before the performance and talked through the performance on the whys and hows, it was such a memorable special experience!! (Dance Photos by: The Southern Creative)
- Dean Dillion Song Writer Performance: I LOVVVEDD this!!! In Vinyl they had the legendary sing song writer Dean Dillon for an intimate evening of stories and music. Dean took the stage and walked us through his fascinating life story and performed SO MANY songs he wrote that it would blow your mind! Everything from Tennessee Whiskey, She Let Herself Go, I aint here for a good time, it would floor you to know the amount of hits he wrote. He had a story for each song as well, I laughed, cried, and left with my heart all swelled up! Dean Dillon was so effortlessly cool, I feel so lucky I got to listen to him perform and speak, he’s a true song writer.
- Market Basket: This is the event to get you all in your holiday feels! TONS of booths set up market style with unique gifts and little holiday inspired eats to sample! I appreciate how there was also a courtyard to chill in and drink a beer!
- GreenEgg Fest: This event was SO SO much fun!! It takes place in the beautiful Blue Wahoos Stadium, people come from all over to put there best food forward. You get to walk about the stadium sampling the YUMMIEST concoctions all made on GreenEgg grills! It was so much fun in such a perfect spot! I left full, happy, and a little bit nappy!!
These are just the events that I got the chance to attend THERE ARE SO MANY!!! Some even overlap in times! There is something for everyone at FooFoo Fest! I feel so fortunate to live in a city that encourages and welcomes all kind of art and growth. I can’t wait till next year!! FooFoo Fest always starts the first week in November, it would be the PERFECT time to Vacation Artfully in Pensacola!!
- Blue Wahoo’s Baseball Game: Attending a Game at the wahoos stadium is such a treat because its on the water!! Its so relaxing and fun! Its great for a date night or for the fam!
- Ice Flyers Hockey game: I had never attended a hockey game until I moved to Pensacola and boy was I missing out! Its fast paced beer drinking crowd cheering kinda fun! Fights are encouraged in hockey, image my shock at the first game I attended I sat wide eyed as the crowd applauded the players going at each other hahaha! Its all in good fun though! At least I think so lol
- Attend a Show at Vinyl: Vinyl is such a cool venue because not only is it ideal for a musical act but once its done, you can venture out and hit the bars on Palafox!!
Penscola is such a unique town with so much to offer, we have culture here, and appreciate other culture as well. It’s been such an blessing to live in this environment where fun and good times are encouraged and welcomed! Pensacola is definitely a place where you can Vacation ARTFULLY!
Goodbye I love you let me know if you come out here!!!!!!