To be honest with you, I’ve been kinda down lately, thats why my post have been so sparse. For a lot of different reasons, nothing life or death, its hard being in your 20’s not knowing what to do with the rest of your life. Your 20’s are all about life altering important decisions, like WHAM FIND A CAREER WHAM WHERE DO YOU WANT TO LIVE WHAM FIND A LIFE PARTNER, basically your whole rest of your life are riding on these years, or at least it feels like it, its exhausting! Sometimes its frustrating not being where you want to be already, and being worried that you are running out of time to do everything you want to do. I say that, but also have this conflicted feeling of according to who’s timeline? Okay guys, 99.9% of the time when I write these, its to benefit you guys reading. This one is for you of course, but its also for me! These are things I’ve called upon lately to get me out of this funk. I want to share some tips or help make peoples lives even a tiny bit better, because you should always lift up the people around you, in any capacity. These have made me feel tons better lately!
- ME TIME: Sometimes you just need to shutout the world and be alone with your own thoughts, or you just need something to mindlessly get your head to stop turning in all the circles, of all the life stresses that can play on repeat. For me this is the beach! My friend Emalee its candles and her favorite TV show, in a dark room. My friend Lee a nice bottle of wine and a bubble bath. Spending time with yourself is so important. Something I’ve had to learn that hasn’t come easy to me is as you get older you have to be your own best friend. Part of growing up is relying on and entertaining yourself. Over the past couple of years, I have slowly learned how to enjoy my own company and its probably one of the best pick me ups and lessons! After I have the ME TIME I need I always feel recharged, and ready for whatever!
- GO OUTSIDE! Getting outside and feeling the sunshine, and the earth around you can be so calming. Going outside reminds me how big the world is. I feel like being outside releases endorphins! Even if its having your morning coffee outside, or taking a short walk, its important to get out there; and remind yourself that there is more to life, than just the crazy stuff that goes on in your own world. I myself LOVE a good bike ride. Being outside is for sure a mood booster for me!
- A phone call from your BFF! Seriously this is the BEST therapy, sometimes you just need to talk to someone who actually knows you, like really knows you. Girl friendships can be so powerful, especially if you cherish, nurture, and treat them for what they are worth; they can be the most powerful lifeline you have. Probably my favorite thing to do is have a really big deep conversation with my best friends! There is NO substitute for unconditional, best interest at heart true friend time conversations. This ALWAYS lifts my spirits!
- LET IT OUT, then let it go! There is NOTHING like a good cry! Sometimes you need to take the time to feel and process everything, talk it out, journal it out if it helps, and cry it out, but then move on. I also highly recommend journaling. Write everything you are feeling even if it doesn’t make sense and contradicts itself, even if you feel crazy or weird for feeling the way you do; I like to get it out and draw pictures as I write. Something that helps when I’m doing this is listening to sad songs, lol I know how is that supposed to make me feel better?! I say that because they can make you feel less alone, like someone else has been through it too! Just make sure YOU DON’T NOT STAY THERE AND WALLOW FOR TOO LONG! Give yourself a realistic time line! After my cry session I let the calm rush over me, then I put on some happy music and dance around, its called balance lol! After I get everything out and feel all the feels, I usually feel so much better so that in itself is not only a pick me up, its also healing.
- Do something just for YOU! Some examples of this for me are going shopping, getting my hair, or nails done with a friend, going to a yoga class, or on the other end of the spectrum, going out for a drink, OR PIZZA AND ICE CREAM, and binge watching my FAVORITE SHOW! AKA Girls on HBO (duh)! Indulging and splurging on something for yourself is a form of taking care of yourself. Sometimes you need to just be a little selfish and do whatever you feel like doing in that moment, and put a smile on your own face! Its empowering to take matters into your own hands, and make own self happy! It’s being a good friend to yourself, and that is one of the most important relationships you have in this world. (GirlsHBO pick below) This was super therapeutic for me! So thank you for letting me not only reflect, but be a little vulnerable, and share something things I’ve been doing lately. Since I have been feeling down. I hope you can use this for when you aren’t feeling so great yourself. The only one left for me to do is the cry/dance session. After that I predict a full recovery! Also NYC blog post coming SUPER soon and ITS GOING TO BE SUPER AWESOME!!!!!!! Okay I love you bbbyyyyeee