Let me just start off by saying, I HATE THE GYM! I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT! For me it’s intimidating, makes me feel like an amateur, and I don’t want to see anyone while I’m jiggling around everywhere. That sounds like a nightmare! Unfortunately, none of my clothes fit me and as bad as I HATE the gym, I HATE feeling the way that I do! I have gone back and fourth my whole life between going to the gym, and being as far away from a gym as humanly possible. That is no longer an option for me at this point, it’s time for a life-style change. I hate when people say that, it’s like what does that even mean. It’s so vague, or maybe I don’t like it because it means I know it’s going to be difficult. For someone who HATES going to the gym as much as I do, I have to think of ways to get motivated! So I’m about to put these things that always work for me into effect!
- Set Your Home Screen to a Picture of YOURSELF that You Loved the Way You Looked! A lot of people do this with celebs, but a picture of yourself is way more motivating. It’s because it’s more realistic. You’ve done it before, so you can do it again!
- Cute Gym Stuff: Not just an outfit, I’m talking everything! Shoes, bag, GEAR and clothes. I HAVE to have a cute gym bag to put me in a good mood. When I look at my bag, I want to get happy!
(For $2 off any 2 Carefree® and $.50 off any 1 Carefree® product click here make sure to grab them at Walmart! #linerup #ad)
- Set Alarms on Your Phone! If you have a plan to go, don’t just say, “Okay I’m going to go to the gym today.” If it’s not something that is already set in your routine, pick a time and set alarms on your phone! I know for me, if I do not have a specific time, chances are that it’s not happening!
- Positive Reinforcement: What is something that you actually do love doing? I would try and recreate that feeling right before you walk into the gym, and right after! For example I looovvvve acai bowls! Before I head into the gym I put myself in a good mood by having one, since it’s a healthy treat that I love! Also, right after the gym I reward myself with 30 minutes of reading a good book or watching my favorite show! That way, I have something to look forward to. This helps train my brain to not think DEATH when I think gym, which is the usual response my brain gives.
- Gym Playlist: Create a gym playlist! I don’t mean slap one together. I mean create one specifically for the gym and save it for the gym only! Make it a treat you can look forward to! In the beginning especially, it should be something that you are excited to listen to!
These are tips from someone what hates the gym with a fiery passion from the depths of my soul! haha I wish I were joking! I hate the way gyms look, smell, feel, EVERYTHING! Every time I put these into effect, it sucks less and less. Eventually it starts to not suck, and then I wake up looking forward to it. If you have any tips PLEASE leave me a comment down below! Getting back in shape is going to take time, patience and discipline, but I hope this can help motivate you! Wish me luck mine starts on Monday, and I’m going to need it!