My hair is SUPER LONG! But it was not always like this! (SEE tiny pictures above) My hair was totally stuck at one length FOREVER. We’re talking YEARS AND YEARS! It was a a lot of trial and error, but I’m pretty sure I have the secret sauce! I get asked all the time about how I got it so long, so I wanted to share the knowledge with you! There are a few things that totally changed my hair game!
- SULFATE-FREE Shampoo and Conditioner: This is number 1 because it’s probably THE MOST IMPORTANT! Sulfates are horrible, horrible, horrible for your hair. Especially if you dye your hair!!! They dry your hair out and FADE your color! A lot of people think sulfate-free shampoo is expensive, and most of the time that is the case. However, these are super cheap and what I use. I have used $30-60 dollar shampoo and conditioner before, and this stuff works JUST as well. This completely changed everything for me! The texture, the look, the length, EVERYTHING. And for about $6 a bottle, completely affordable. Another thing I love, is switching it up with these guys. You should keep your hair guessing. Notice one is for volume and the other is for repair and defend. They have tons in this line that do different things! I switch them up always, and ALWAYS SULFATE-FREE. Total GAME CHANGER!!!
2. WIDE TOOTH COMB: This is also another game changer. I used to be really, really hard on my hair with a brush. Over about 2 months time of only using a wide tooth comb, my hair was noticeably thicker! It’s annoying at first, because it take about a week to get used to. But once you get the hang of it, using a comb becomes quicker than ripping your hair out with a brush! Make SURE you always start from the very bottom tips of your hair when brushing. Things go much easier, and it won’t rip your hair out! I also wanted to mention that if I’m in a hurry, sometimes I use a “Wet Brush” (I’ll put one in the picture below). They have these at Target or Walmart and are the next best thing, because of their flexible bristles. If you are serious about getting longer, thicker, healthier hair though, wide tooth combs are what you should use exclusively! (I can’t take all the credit, my friend Coral taught me this trick. Thanks Coral!)
3. REGULAR TRIMS: Every 4 to 6 weeks you need to get your hair trimmed if you want it to grow. I know this sounds crazy, because why cut it if you want it longer? Trust me, if you don’t get trims, your hair WILL break off at the ends. And this is why people’s hair gets stuck at a certain length. Without regular trims, your ends will split and your hair will plateau. If you’ve ever wondered why your hair has been the same length for years, this is probably the main culprit. It is kinda crazy that cutting your hair leads to long hair though, haha!.
4. Argon Oil: Argon Oil is my personal FAVE. It’s what got me to the lengths my hair has reached now. But if you can’t find or afford it, this is a good dupe. A little goes a long way. This should be used when your hair is wet, right when you get out of the shower, without fail. Put a dime size amount in your hands, focus on the ends and work your way up! Use little to none on your scalp, unless you have super dry hair!
5. NO HEAT: Once you implement all the tips above, you honestly won’t really need to add heat to your hair. I no longer straighten, blow dry or anything! Lay off the heat as soon as possible! Embrace your natural wave or texture. Definitely stop blow drying immediately!
I hope this helps your hair game! Let me know if you have any hair tips in the comments down below! I’m dusting the glitter off my clothes in Las Vegas with my best friends since high school! SO, SO, LUCKY to have them! Tons of posts coming! Look out for a comprehensive review of the Taco Bell that serves alcohol!!! Hope you have a great day! LOVE YOU BYE!!